The AHA and Laerdal have been working together for almost 40 years in support of ECC science and education. During the past 15 years, we’ve collaborated on a number of mutual projects, such as the development of CPR Anytime and the HeartCode line of eSimulation products. To build on this collaboration, in July 2005, we entered into a Strategic Alliance.
The initial term of the Alliance agreement was five years, and during those years, the Alliance proved beneficial for both organizations, with marked successes, including the development and launch of several self-directed training tools and technologies. Given these successes, AHA and Laerdal renewed the Alliance agreement in July of 2010 for another five-year term.
AHA’s science and educational expertise, combined with Laerdal’s strength in medical simulation, educational product design, and manufacturing has and will continue to help deliver lifesaving training to more people by increasing accessibility, exploring new training delivery methods and collaborating to expand our reach globally.
Successes throughout the Alliance include:
- Launch of 10 eLearning products including core eSimulation-based training programs in ACLS and BLS, and self-directed online Learn: Rhythm recognition programs for adults and pediatrics
- Establishment of CPR Anytime as a world-leading community CPR education program
- Addition of Spanish language to CPR Anytime and Infant CPR Anytime DVDs
- Launch of self-directed, online Learn: Rapid STEMI ID program in support of the association’s Mission: Lifeline initiative
- Expansion of training programs internationally
- Quicker expansion of the mission to save lives, especially in community programs and products
- Launch of China training program and release of new BLS and ACLS texts